November 29, 2014

Ant #291. Brazil vs. Argentina.

No, no, I'm not gonna compare these countries.
Both are great!

I wanna talk about one thing that I noticed when I was in Brazil. I didn't talk about it coz it was a feeling and I couldn't express it in words. Now, after one interesting conversation I know how to do this.

When I was in Rio, Brasilia and San Paulo wherever I met people (in hotels, cafe, public transport or on the streets) they first started talking to me in portuguese. Then I replied in english and they asked me where am I from... In Brazil anybody can "be" brazilian. There are people with every skin/eyes/hair colors, in all combinations. And you never look like a foreigner.

Here in Argentina I know that it doesn't matter how long I'm about to live here, I'll always be a foreigner, a gringo or a yankee. I look too different.

It's not good or bad. It's just a fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment