February 26, 2015

Ant #308. Madonna at Brit Awards.


Superhuman, triumphant, living icon, hero...

That's how tabloids all over the world called Madonna after her epic performance at Brit Awards last night. But it wasn't only epic because of the show itself. She took a tumble...

It was one of the most heartbreaking moments in my life. My heart stopped when her dancers pulled her cape (as it was obviously planned) and she fell downstairs along with it. And I almost cried when I saw how this little fragile woman got up, put herself together and continued the ‪show‬. And she killed it all! Who even remembers there was a ceremony? Everyone talks about Madonna!

One of my friends posted on Facebook that suddenly he remembered one "Sex & the City" episode where Carrie Bradshaw fell on runway. So did I.
Here it is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDOdrcV5dfs

And that moment Carrie thought: "I had a choice – I could slink off the runway and let my inner model die of shame, or I could pick myself up, flaws and all, and finish. And that’s just what I did. Because when real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep on walking."

There's no one to blame for what happened. I think it's a fault of many people: of a designer/costumer who didn't make a velcro for the cape, of dancers who didn't notice she wasn't ready and pulled her down, of choreographers who decided that the cape should be taken off while she's on stairs (if she was standing on the floor she wouldn't fall, or at least not that hard), and of course of her own, coz in the end she's an artist and she's responsible.

But after all Madonna is a human being too. Shortly she posted on her Instagram.


She didn't cry, she didn't look for compassion like some singers always do, victimizing themselves, she smiled and said she was "fine"! She proved once again that she has a right to be called ‪Queen Of Pop‬, she's the biggest professional in the music industry, she's a ‪‎showgirl‬, and she knows that ‪"Show Must Go On"‬.

I still feel said for what happened, but we all fall sometimes, literally or metaphorically. ‪Love‬ her even more now!

P.S. Smile of a real triumphant! God bless you Madonna! ^_^


2 comments:

  1. Great post! It is true - when we fall, there's only one thing to do and that's get up. Madonna is a true artist and it's awesome to see how she didn't let it stop her from performing.

    ReplyDelete